Custom Search

Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Sounds of the Silence

When I decided to go for this 4 day silence retreat with The Art of Living, I didnot know it will make me fall in love with the silence so deeply.

I always thought falling in love with someone's voice ( my husband being a voice artist) or speech is easy but falling in love with silence is bit tricky. As the silence between two people generally comes out of awkwardness, anger or  through discomfort.

But here in markal in fell in love with a silence which had so many sounds yet triggered a profound silence within.


For so many years I ignored the conversations that the nature was having with me as I was busy listening to the useless chatter in my mind  and the cell phone took all my attention trying to silent the chatter.

When the phone and the tongue were on flight mode, I could here the sweet conversations.

The birds woke me up with their chirping. And the freshly rained earth smelled heavenly. The dawn was exceptionally beautiful with the darkness slowly fading away. I wondered where was I before this? Or I have woken up in a new relm.

Meditation with the background music of the rains transported me to a place I loved visiting ... A place of complete nothingness.

Every bite tasted delicious as if the only ingredient was love. I wondered whether it was for real!!!

It was all green around me and as I walked, the small creepers on the ground smiled  to me with their small leaves and tiny flowers. 
Butterflies jumped from one plant to another. As I walked in the green-lands the butterflies hidden in the petals started to fly making me feel like a princess in Disney's cartoons. 

Never saw so many shades of green in one place.

If there were flowers as tiny as a grain they had butterflies as tiny as sesame seed. Nature has its way..when I was looking at the marvel a bee buzzed by making its existence felt.. and I saw there were 100s of different bees, beetles, bugs and butterflies around me whom I had ignored for  some mindless stuff. 

The plants talked to me , the flowers smiled at me and the rains made me dance.. the happiness I was feeling in this silence was full of sounds.

The birds started to sing, and the frog added some zing. The snails danced and the millipede shied in it's ring. Witnessing all this my bosom swelled with love and the only thing came in mind was " what a wonderful world's.

As I was watching this a small kitten jumped near my plate and meowed with those innocent eyes.. what she wanted was not food but someone to put it's paw on... The fur ball was a naughty one  who made me realize that innocence is so attractive. Sat there her elder sibling with maturity showing through the scars on its face.  

As I was observing them the river made some noise to make it's presence felt... The flowing water took so much from within. Though the water was flowing but mind became still.

And this deep conversation with the river was interrupted by the sound of the utensils. It was time for food... 

And soon the course was over but no words were wanting to come out and I realized I am in love... Love with this silence. As the conversations in this silence were more meaningful then the conversations I had with words.

I was not only in love but addicted to the sounds of the silence

No comments: